Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Chinese graduation

Last Friday it was my graduation from IES Beijing. All the students and the staff members went to a Chinese restaurant to have lunch together. After the lunch we received our diplomas, there were some awards, people talked about their experiences and then time for pictures.
In this one all the IES Beijing members: they were really nice and helpful. My Chinese class with our professor, Zhong Laoshi: she was very helpful. My first two weeks I couldn't differentiate the Chinese sounds she was teaching us and I couldn't memorize the characters for our daily exams.
Our calligraphy class, our teacher didn't speak any English but thanks to Anne-Reed and Connie everything worked. Fang Laoshi is a man full of culture and knowledge who can teach you amazing things about China, specially calligraphy!
It was really cool that some students were wearing Chinese dresses during the graduation. The silk looks so pretty.
Next destination: Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa.

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.